Things to Consider When Searching for Your Dream Home
The benefits of working with a Team O’Brien real estate agent start when we get to know you. As we listen and build an understanding of the kind of property you’re searching for, possibilities unfold. No one is more qualified to help you buy a property than a trusted real estate agent who lives in the area you’re interested in. We have knowledge about local property values, tools for locating matches, a neighborhood network, and strong negotiation skills to help you save time and money. In order to help you find the perfect home or property, here are some points to consider in the home buying process:
- Arguably the most essential factor to consider when searching for your dream home in Charlevoix is the price. Being clear about your price range with your Team O’Brien real estate agent makes sure that you are only shown homes that match these needs.
- Aside from the price, another critical factor is location. This can encompass where in Charlevoix the home is, a home’s proximity to different school districts, and even how much acreage you desire. When new properties hit the market that match your search criteria, we can setup automated emails so you’re among the first to know. Because we have decades of experience and relationships, occasionally we match buyers with homes not yet on the market, but often we’ll show multiple properties that match your wish list.
- It is important to consider your purpose in buying property in Charlevoix. Are you looking for a family home or are you looking to rent out the property? Although you can rent out your property, it is important to ensure that you comply with local laws and regulations.
- When meeting with Team O’Brien real estate agent at the beginning of your home buying journey, be sure to mention all desired home features. From the number of bedrooms and bathrooms to the look and feel (bright and modern or traditional and charming), knowing exactly what you’re looking for in a home can make the process much smoother.
- Are you looking for a move-in-ready home? Or are you looking for more of a fixer-upper? Setting boundaries around the amount of work needed on the home is essential information for your Team O’Brien real estate agent to understand your vision of your future home.
- Amenities can range from elements such as a boat dock or slip, outdoor pools, and even neighborhood clubhouses! If there are any specific amenities that would make or break putting an offer down, make sure to communicate that with your Team O’Brien real estate agent.
Put these best-kept secrets to work by partnering with Pat O'Brien & Associates. Contact us today to discuss your home-buying needs and discover how our team can help you achieve the buy of your dreams!