6378 S Mac Road, Baldwin, MI 49304

Description

The Pere Marquette is a National Wild and Scenic River by act of Congress, a Natural River and Blue Ribbon Trout Stream in Michigan. It has been recognized as one of the few trout and salmon fishing rivers of this quality remaining in the nation! This is the largest private holding with 7 1/2 MILES of river frontage on the Pere Marquette mainstream and more than a square mile of land surrounded and protected by vast Federal forests. This may be the finest trout property east of the Mississippi. Quality hatches of mayflies, caddis, and stoneflies provide tremendous dry fly angling for resident rainbows and browns. Spring and fall steelhead and Chinook salmon run up the river from Lake Michigan. There's an Adirondacks style Lodge built in 1929 of white ash and wormy chestnut, Barn, Caretaker’s House, and a cabin overlooking the river. A trout pond is fed by the river and shaded by large hardwoods. Mineral rights are included. Locals say the fishing is better now than it was in the 1970’s and improves every year. The Pere Marquette was the location of the first brown trout introduction in the United States (1884). Rainbow trout were planted in 1885 and these early introductions developed into a self-sustaining migratory steelhead population. Today it nurtures large populations of resident brown trout and provides world-class fishing opportunities for steelhead and salmon. This property has been owned by the Cannon family for 67 years, since the early 1950’s. Now it can be yours! MLS#1860043 includes 654 acres. MLS#1860044 is just the heart of the property with 5,906 feet of river, 165 acres of land, the historic Lodge, Caretakers House and Barn. You need to visit and walk the land to experience the beauty, power, and magic of this river! Three cabins and a vacant lot are listed separately. Come see it! What are you doing this weekend that sounds like more fun?

Directions

From Baldwin Michigan, West on 7th Street 5 miles, cross Bowman Bridge, continue 1 mile and turn North on MAC Rd.